<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 29, 2010

To My Deipnosophist Friend

 

You were an unexpected
gift from the heavens
for so short a time.

Why did you come
during the shortest period of time,
when swine drank wine,
plagued the world with flu,
and everybody’s not fine;
a Christian brother deferred from work,
decided to knock on Peter’s door,
and classes were suspended;
clouds drained all its rain submerging
every corner of the streets
and our efforts were in vain.

Maybe it was so I can survive
the swelling and falling
of the river of life.

Pork roast or fish
soaked in batter and fried
never really mattered.
What I shall miss is the chatter
that goes with spoon,fork
and platter.

I thank the gods of fortune
that in this huge planet
I should have found you,
a wonderful dream
that lingered through hours
of awakened reality

rolly

If you need further assistance please see this
Comments:
Hello... I am an English major at a small Liberal Arts school in Ohio who was told to write a blog for his intro to computing class...
I complied (check me out I have some poetry and a few short stories on it)
I was also told to post comments on ten people's boards so... Mr. Midge Man strikes again!
 
Mr. Midge Man thanks. will check out your blog as soon as i'm able. good luck!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?