<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 14, 2004

This past week was full of activities. First was the arrival of Nina from the States with her American husband, Art. It would have been a very happy reunion with Omi Reyes, his wife Tutit, Arnel, Mayette, Carmel and husband Tog and Don Amorsolo, if not for the sad fact that Nina's mother died on the eve of her arrival.

Our reunion was last Sunday and we all met at Nina's house and proceeded to the funeral parlor thereafter. Her husband is Jewish and I didn't know what to expect. However, I think he is very knowledgeable and very witty. We hit it off immediately and was conversing like we have known each other a long time.

The Seniors had their final exams this week. I am going to miss my class. I seem to have more time to bond with them than I did with my previous class. I think I'm going to miss them a lot.

Friday, we met with Omi's group again for a dinner with Nina and Art at Rockwell. Afterwhich, we played bowling at Starmall. That was fun! Art had a good time. He told me that while he enjoyed the game, he enjoyed the company more. He told me they do not have the same kind of company back home.
Yesterday, I and Omi took him to the GSIS and the Metropolitan museums. Although he was pleased with the artworks, I and Omi were a bit frustrated. The museums are lacking in luster and needs attention. Funny but when we arrived at the GSIS, there was this sculpture piece at the lobby just before the door and Art seems to be impressed. However, when we got out of the museum, we found workers resting on the whole piece, sitting and relaxing like they would with a stump, not knowing how valuable the piece is.

The Metropolitan museum was much better but there were more collections of the "terno" rather than paintings and sculptures. I think they are having a show of famous couturiers.

Today, I and Kim went to Tagaytay with Ollie's family to celebrate Joven's birthday. Too bad I can't go to Hobbit's house to accomodate Omi's invitation. And to think he went out of his way to go with me and Art upon my request.

If you need further assistance please see this
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?