<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 20, 2004

This one got lost. I posted this yesterday but got lost when I tried to edit it. Anyway, its a page dedicated to my son, Mickey, who performed yesterday in the school's annual production play, "The Hunchback of Notre Dame". This is Mickey's third play. We were together in his and Kim's first play, "Teach the World" shown at the Aguinaldo Theater, the last play to be shown outside of Zobel, and the last one for Tony Espejo as director. Mickey's second play was "Peter Pan" where he played one of the pirates.

What makes this year's play is that he has speaking lines! Well, it was just two to three sentences, but hey, that's alright. I have always been proud of this boy. He works hard with anything he sets his eyes on. The violin, painting and performing. I have witnessed how he can be very enthusiastic.

What really inspires me with him is that I see myself in him. I, too, have been in my school's production play. I recall very vividly my first stint with "A Toast to the Arts" where we showcased snippets of various plays and "A Model Bride". I was in Grade 5 and Grade 6 respectively. What we enjoyed most was interacting with the opposite sex. La Consolacion School in Caloocan where I spent 6 years of my life, was semi-co-ed. I say semi because although the school had boys and girls, they were separated by sectioning. What we thought was unfair was that the nuns arranged for the sectioning like as if it were odd and even numbers, only, they used letters instead. Hence, Sections A, C, and E for example were for girls and Sections B,D, and F would be for boys. I had always belonged to the honor's class and I remembered our teachers saying we were second to the girls. We knew that was unfair but couldn't speak our minds just yet. So you see, I was treading on the right path during my elementary years. What happened during high school is another story. I indulged with too many "vices" like smoking, drinking, and playing hooky. Besides, living as an adolescent during the 70's was tough. It was the first quarter storm, the Marcos years and the boom of the marijuana and other stuff. Truly, not a good example for my kids

Anyway, this page is dedicated to Mickey. I hope he continues knowing what he wants and working for it really hard. And that may he always be guided to know what is right and what is wrong. I shall support him all the way, no matter what, as long as he is in the right path.

If you need further assistance please see this
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?